Monday, July 1, 2013

June 6th, KC Zoo


 We have a membership this year for the zoo so we try to go two times a month or more. My absolute favorite part is.. (no surprise here) the aviaries in Africa and Australia. Not only because it has a lot of awesome birds in it, but because you get to be in the "cage" with the birds; no bars, glass, or anything obstructing the view and my pictures ;) PS. Sorry the photos are unorganized, they were being difficult to move around after adding captions to the photos.
A very muddy river!
This elephant must have thought that the grass was really greener on the other side :)
I'm not much for taking pictures of the ape family.. They just  appeal to me very much, but this gorilla caught my attention when it decided to (at least look like)  pose for me. It looked pretty funny in some of these and I just had to share four of them :)
Lioness napping.; not an unusual sight..
A very pretty hibiscus I saw outside of the Tropics building.
We found a Baltimore oriole too!
This one is called a superb starling. I am not a big fan of starlings but this one is really pretty!





The cattle egrets always look so elegant and beautiful!!





They have an Amur leopard now! 






The reflection in this lake is really good!

One of my photos of something random at the zoo. I really love this one though! By the way this is a bridge they have in Africa.



A couple more pictures of the starling. Also another things I love about the aviaries is that the birds in there are used to people so they let you get really close.. meaning great close-ups of all their beautiful plumage :)


4 comments:

  1. Excellent, gorgeous photos of amazing animals, Mary. You're lucky; I haven't been to the zoo since the only time I went, which was June 2011.

    Audrey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Audrey,
    Thanks!
    The next time we go your welcome to come!! I'll call you when we plan to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be soo amazing!! Though I may not be able to go anytime soon, I'll try and let you know when would be a good time for both of us, ok?

      Delete
    2. Yeah sure! Whenever's good for you.

      Delete