Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 10th, Swallow Haven and Fields of Flowers at James A. Reed

And the awesome bridges too!
 Last week me and family went to James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area... bit of a long name :)
It was a  lot fun! The weather was a kinda icky, but there was a little breeze which made it much better though!
 I think if I had to pick a favorite nature place to go to it would be this one,It's big , has tons of lakes and ponds and lots of birds of coarse! :)
There were TONS of dragonflies there!!
The fields were covered in black-eyed Susan's and Queen Ann's laces!!  It was SO beautiful!!!


A larger view of the field of flowers :)




There's one shelter area there that has tons of barn swallow nests every year, so I really wanted to go and see them again and we definitely did! there seemed to be more than there was the year before I didn't count but I think there was around ten nests, the babies were all so cute!!! :)
I took a lot of photos of them! Over 50!

I really love this one because of the goose feathers in the nest!



One of the nests had five in it!!

Caught this one of the mommy flying from the nest after feeding them.

I really love this one too! The adorable little guy with it's big yellow mouth open as wide as possible :)

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHH THOSE BABY SWALLOWS ARE ADORABLEE!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    and the other photos were five-star worthy.

    BUT THAT LAST PICTURE... TOO DARLING!!!

    x Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :) They were so cute! Yep that last one is one of my favorites! Thanks!! <3

      Delete