As I was reading a book the other day a phrase really stood out to me:
"Nothing golden can stay." So as I was taking pictures Wednesday evening
of the sunset those two kind of connected for me. There a just a couple
hours around sunset that the light is pure gold, utterly perfect in
every sense of the word. It is my favorite time to take photographs,
everything seems to come alive, to say goodbye before it is cloaked in
the darkness of night. I think if we know something will not last we
try to appreciate and enjoy it for as long as we can. If we take every
moment as a gift to be treasured how much more would we want to make the
most of that time? Getting deep here on you guys. haha . I better
"lighten" up (that pun was totally unintentional, pure genius and
coincidence). Yeah, time to show the pictures. I'll just let them speak
for themselves. After all we each see things differently, think and feel
individually so let them mean something special, just for you.
 |
| My favorite. Enough said. |
 |
| I love, love, love the architecture at this place!!!! It makes me feel like I'm in a different place, far away, or a different time. Just gorgeous. |
 |
So many awesome fountains!
|
 |
| Had to add a bird into this post somehow; even if it's just a starling. |
 |
| Lots of pictures of roses coming up; we were in the rose gardens there most the time. |
 |
| I think these roses go really well together, the colors are both so warm. |
 |
| All the arches, stone rooftops, balconies and beautiful details like the lamps and vases.. and yeah.. all that cool architecture stuff I wish I knew more about. It all makes me think Shakespearean time period, kind of Italian... or just a romantic story like Romeo and Juliet. |
 |
| Love the fountains in the background of this one. |
 |
| And the arches make a good background too! |
 |
| This is another reason why I wanted to go at sunset, so I could get it from somewhere other then my backyard where power lines and other stuff often get in the way; to actually get the natural view of a sunset.
|
 |
| This one I took on the drive home, and honestly this one is like my second favorite. |
storytelling at its finest, golden hours at their purest. :)
ReplyDeleteAwh. Thanks so much :)
Delete