Sunday, June 1, 2014

May 9th, Cave Springs.




Honeysuckle bush. They smell amazingly good!!
Good old Cave Springs, probably the one we go to the most since it is so close. When ever we just want to get out and enjoy a walk in the woods without driving to far we go on one of the trails, or a couple, or the whole thing, you know whatever works. This trip we pretty exciting! Saw a snapping turtles (I didn't really get a clear enough picture to show). One of them was gigantic! But it hid under the water and we only saw it pop up a couple times. Also saw two green herons! I've only ever seen them one other time; they have such beautifully colored feathers and are just so cute!
One of the little bridges they have.
Found  this American robin on a fencepost. I really like the lighting in this one.

Here's a few pictures of one of the herons, the other flew into a tree and hid.




Turtle photo-bomb! haha! :) I didn't see this turtle until I was looking at the picture later, I was so focused on the exciting heron!


5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, honeysuckles and their delightful fragrance . . . your photograph exudes it. :)

    The sole green heron I've spotted was airborne and flying over me. But even then I caught glimpses of its loverly details . . . their gold + green wing patterns make me think of some Celtic design . . . Alluring. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so everly much Audrey!! Haha, I'm glad you can imagine smelling the honeysuckle through my photo :) Yep, herons sure are elusive! So true, it reminds me of that too!

      Delete
  2. Ooohh! LUCKY! You saw turtles. And a photo-bombing one at that! :D I think I'm jealous. (Turtles happen to be my favourite, and I haven't seen any wild ones this year.)
    I love these pictures!
    ~ Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Tasha! :) I'm glad you like them!! Really? I'm surprised you all haven't seen any there are at almost every pond/lake we go to, hope you get to see your favorite animal soon!

      Delete
    2. In fact I did yesterday! :D YAY! And of course I hope to see more.
      ~ Tasha

      Delete