Last Monday me and my mom went to the zoo soon after it opened (8am) so we wouldn't haft to endure the humid heatwave of the afternoon sun.
It was very nice for the first hour but of course it can't stay that
way in Missouri. Maybe I just say that Mo. weather is crazy because I
haven't know much else.. but still I'm sure it has a top ranking
position in wacky weather at least in my mind. Anyway I don't even know
why I'm rambling about weather, this is a post of my zoo pictures. haha.
Moving on. Even though I've been to this place undoubtedly hundreds of
times since I was alive and breathing; it somehow never gets old in the
sense of being humdrum and boring. Maybe just because I've always loved
animals or that they do have something new fairly often, but just like
any other trip to the zoo I honestly enjoyed it, and found some unique
way to take different pictures from the last time I was there or saw a
building with "picture perfect" qualities needed to be documented, or
just a cute little duck sitting peaceful on a pond... letting it carry it,
bobbing through the water. The point of all this; the zoo is not just
for kids to gawk and see things they thought were only an imagining,
like a ginormous elephant or an impossibly tall giraffe.
Anyone can have fun seeing animals that would normally only be thousands
of miles away or across the sea. Take advantage of the opportunity!  |
| A Lilac-breasted roller; one of my favorite birds in the aviary,the colors are so beautiful together its like so of my favorite colors all in one bird, what can be better. | | | |
|
 |
Wow, Mary!! These are absolutely amazing!! I was lucky enough to have a zoo five-minutes from my college so I got to do this all the time too! But my pictures weren't quite so amazing ;-) Keep it up, lady!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Sis. Wilkins. That's really neat! It is great to have one close and be able to visit often.
DeleteThese are beautiful! They make me heart sick for the Kansas City Zoo. I don't miss the humidity though! I keep looking at the picture of all of the turtles on a log and thinking, There has got to be a cute caption for this!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sis. Lopez! Yes it must be nice to not have humidity out there haha. and I'm sure there is! It was so funny to see so many all lined up :)
DeleteMary these are AMAZING I love them :) You know just how to capture an image. -Lizzy
ReplyDeleteDanka, Lizzy! love ya and miss you!! like A LOT! HAHA <3
DeleteSuch beautiful pictures! I love them! I really like the different positions you took them from, too. Good job!
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks Mikalyn!!! I always try to think of unique points of view for my photos. :)
DeleteThe delicate eloquence conveyed through these stills . . . I could call sacred. And for the record, that peacock one is gold gold gold.
ReplyDeletexo Audrey
Thank you Audrey!!! I'm so glad I captured the gorgeous peacock in all it's splendor! :)
Delete