Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stormy Spring Sky on a Sunday.

My sister pointed out to me once that the two fences in the backyard
 looked really neat together. I like the layered look of this picture!
In another post a while back I put  A LOT of pictures of the spring flowers that I took on a Sunday. The lighting that day was a jaw- dropping photographer's dream, just.. perfect! Yeah, I was in heaven! I took SO many photos and didn't even put the beginning of them in that post but anyway, this is the one with the pictures I took of the sky that day. I'm so grateful for the utterly amazing season of spring! I love all the green coming up everywhere and the beautiful colors of flowers, and of course the magical sky! Makes me wonder what the clouds would look like from up in the air or even from space. I'll just leave you all with those thoughts as you look at these pictures. :)
If you can''t tell, I like to have our shed into a lot of my pictures. I just love the old-fashioned farm look it has and the colors are so pretty!


Our big garden with the crazy storm clouds coming.. coming closer, and closer, haha I love storm clouds!   I  really like the lighting and colors in this photo!!

This one is a favorite, the clouds are so sharp and intense. They were moving very quickly too. To get this shot I practically laid down in the grass. I felt like just staying there and watching them forever and wait to  feel the raindrops on my face; but I was so excited to get more pictures that I only stayed a minute.



Also thought I would add a few pictures of the sunset that same day too.


I think it's amazing when the clouds are hit by the light perfectly to make they look so much larger and almost 3-D-ish. It looks like there is endless layers of white fluffy stuff! :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary. This stormy essence . . . appropriate words or terms with which to describe its splendour and unearthly awe may forever sleep in nonexistence. That is not to say that your expressions and captions failed -- indeed, no! I say that for me I can never find the words. The billows and stark contrasts and editing and colours and forms and light play songs on my heart. Your favourite of this batch is mine, too. Such a powerful image . . . <3 | Praise the Lord for His creations!

    xo, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Sister, haha! :) Thanks so much your comments are always so kind!

      Delete