Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 15th Lake Jacomo


Wow! Sorry it's taken so long to put up another post! My laptop is being fixed so I haven't been on the computer much, but I'll try and keep up with my blog. These are some pictures I took at Lake Jacomo last week.
Spotted sandpiper, first time seeing one of these!
Orchard orioles! Only my second time seeing them. A male and female.
This is a warbling vireo.
This tree was so amazing! It's huge and  reminds me of a Twevle Dancing Princesses kind of tree it looked silver in the sunlight.
Great blue heron, can always count on seeing at least one when we go to a lake. This one let me get really close to it! Because it was windy (as it usually is by a lake) this heron's crest feathers were blowing in the wind, it looked funny :)
Especially when it opened its mouth :)

2 comments:

  1. The GBH looks so funny with its mouth open :) and you captured it perfectly just at the right moment!

    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah I was just taking pictures of it and I was lucky enough to catch it :)

    ReplyDelete