Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tracy Aviary

 Ok so here's the first post about te trip to Utah: We went to Tracy Aviary near Salt Lake City. It was really cool! And I took TONS!!!! of pictures (like 300!) It was my kinda place: a zoo with just birds :) haha I dragged my family around for a little over two hours and would have happily spent all day there :) - Wow I use smiley faces and exclamations a lot! Anyway so here are some of my pictures-
 This is a juvenile ring necked-gull.
 There was some wild birds in a pond before you went into the aviary and I found this bird but I couldn't figure out what this bird was and spent like 30+ minutes trying to ID it! But didn't find anything that looked like it that was in the area.









There was a rare bird exhibit too which was really neat! This one was called a kea

 They had these wooden bird shapes on a fence












The Andean Condor!!! I know I know it looks kinda ugly but it really is cool!! and a pretty bird in it's own way :) it's also one of the largest flighted birds on earth!!
 Red-crested cardinal

 Again a parrot I forgot the name of :)

A little finch I don't remember the name of.













Guira cuckoo
 Black necked swan













I loved this little duck, it was so cute!
 A shoveler that's not in my bird field guide :) must not live in the US in the wild.
A mommy mallard with her little fuzzy ducklings :)
 A wigeon
 Scarlet ibis
 Horned lark
 Peacock!, my favorite bird :)
blue-gray tanager
 Next two are also tanagers- Crimson back tanager and Pompadour cotinga

 keel-billed toucan














forgot this one's name too! :( I feel kinda bad about forgetting all these names :)
 Blue and gold macaw
 Sun conure
















Barred owl
 Great gray owl
Black-necked stilt

No comments:

Post a Comment