Tuesday, May 1, 2012

St Louis Zoo

 Part 2 of the St Louis trip: The St. Louis Zoo!! one of the most awesomest zoos ever!!!! :D (yes I'm aware that "awesomest" is not a real word but that shows just how unexplainable it is)



Butterfly's in the butterfly house they have 



 White- throated  sparrow in a cage sneaking a snack :)






 Sloth bear ( I thought it was so cute! )
Lion cub (male) . The lions were the only big cats we saw because all the others cages were being cleaned :( not so awesome


 Male and female ostriches
 Barn swallow's nest right outside one of the aviary's ... nice place for it huh? and I also saw a bluebird in the aviary  :)
 One of the barn swallows getting some materials for it's nest
 Northern pintail  I love this one!! ... perfect reflection, and ripples!!!
 Another picture of a great egret (there were a lot and they were so pretty!)
 Rosette spoonbill I love these birds they are so beautiful!


 Yellow-crowed night heron
 Black-crowned night heron
 Great Egret

 Peafowl (peacock) female


The bird house, this place was a dream come true for me. I could have stayed there for hours!! :)


 This bird was HUGE and kinda scary-looking :)
 Great Egret

Hooded merganser (male bottom, female top)

1 comment:

  1. You are pretty much incredible! A few in particular stood out to me - The colors in the picture of the butterfly with the neon orange blooms are spectacular! Deers or antelope (whatever they are) with the standing one kissing the kneeling one on the head :) You are right the ripples and reflection in the pintail duck shot are phenomenal! You remind me so much of Grandma McDavitt with her fascination and love of birds! Eric made this same comment too when we were talking about you babysitting your window. :)

    ReplyDelete