Tuesday, May 22, 2012

James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area

Today we went to James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area. It is an amazing place to go to I love it!!!




Cool green damselfly 
 Water lily
 Baltimore oriole
 A big patch of water lilies
 Above: another picture of a Baltimore oriole (not sure if it was the same one but there were a lot there)

Bottom: tree swallow flying off a pole that was in the water.
 Yellow warbler!!! I am always excited to see a warbler they are so cute and cheerful , always singing a beautiful song :)  Although quite a challenge to photograph because they move so fast and are really small.



 The scenery
 Great blue herons were very abundant there.

 I'm not ready to brave a deep and long search to figure out what this is yet. :) (I'm guessing a warbler though)
 Willow flycatcher
 Bell's Vireo ( it took like 20mins to decide what this was! but I think I got it)







 American coot, there were three of them.





 Barn swallows. There were tons in this shelter, building
nests and raising chicks.

My favorite!! (bottom)



 Red-winged blackbird


 Below: blue-winged teal
 Canada geese with there 4 goslings. They were the only geese that had goslings and it almost looked like they were showing them off they made a lot of racket :)
 Cypress trees


No comments:

Post a Comment