Friday, August 30, 2013

Old Newspapers



I've been reading lots of photography books lately and Tuesday I was feeling super creative and just went around the whole house looking for interesting things to photograph, while in the basement I found 45+ year-old  Kansas City Star newspapers many of them about the Space Race of the 60s and even an Independence Examiner  from 1945 about Pres. Truman!! Me being an absolute history geek and a shutterbug who's always on the look-out for all things "vintage" I  was totally incapable of speech! I knew we did have some old newspapers down there but I didn't know they were so old and totally awesome! So of course I HAD to take tons of photos of them.  I did that yesterday and edited them today.So here are some of my favorite ones!
This was the original idea when I first saw these old papers but when I oped them up obviously  I had to take photos of the covers,dates, and even some of the advertisements.
Collage I made of some of them.

This one and the next three are the 1945 paper I found. It's about Pres. Roosevelt's death and Pres.Truman coming into office.

 

Papers about the Space Race/ Moon landing.
I even found some of my favorite funnies in a couple of the papers! :D
 
All the rest of these are advertisements, but  I thought they would be fun! This one is an advertisement for a car but I just really loved the drawing (and old cars) :)



















4 comments:

  1. Whoooooa. They all look like genuinely vintage images! :) The editing is exceptionally superb.

    AnnaMarie is looking over my shoulder as I type this and humming a song and making me feel uncomfortable so I guess I'll say au revoir! ... •-•

    ···Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! thank you Grandma Wright for being a keeper of all things! :)
    beautiful toots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassy, oh yes thanks to Grandma! but also to mom and dad for keeping them after we moved in! :)

      Delete