Monday, June 3, 2013

Warbler Month.

This is a black and white warbler. I saw this one in my yard and this is one of the four I saw for the first time this year
 May seemed like the best time to see warblers this year. I saw a total of 8 different species 4 of which I saw for the first time, and a mystery tiny bird which I think is a warbler but has stumped me! ah!!! that's a little scary for me usually I eventually figure out what bird I saw or got a picture of even if it does take while sometimes. I put some pictures that have been in other posts too just to have them in this one with all the other warblers.

Not a 100% sure but I think this is an orange-crowned warbler. I think I saw one of these last year on a nature trip but this one I saw at home!

This is the one that has stumped me!
Yellow warbler, one of the more common warblers I see every year. But still exciting to see it, always fun to see it's BRIGHT yellow feathers popping out from the green of the trees

Tennessee warbler I usually see this one a couple times each spring-summer.

Yellow-rumped warbler, the most common warbler I see.But I LOVE this close-up I was able to get!!! Probably my favorite picture from all of these.

Another picture of a yellow-rumped warbler on a redbud tree.
 These last five are ones I have put in a older posts but I wanted to put them in this one too because there the other three warblers that I saw for the first time this year.
Northern Parula


Palm warbler.


American Redstart.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're lucky! Of all those warblers, I've only seen an American Redstart and a Yellow-rumped Warbler this year. :|

    I looked up "Orange-crowned Warbler", and the birds in the images I found look excactly like yours, so I'm certain that's what it was. No fair, you see everything! >:

    The mystery bird looks like a vireo... one of these? I don't know.

    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Audrey,
    Haha that's funny I use Cornell Lab to ID birds too :) I hope you'll see more warblers! I guess I just was lucky this year. Vireo was one I was thinking too because of the way it behaved(stayed in one place for like a minute,than moved. Opposite of a warbler, always moving!) but none of them really matched so I guess the little guy will stay a mystery :(

    ReplyDelete