Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May 25th- Antioch Park.

Me and my parents went to to this place in Kansas; it was really neat, kinda like some other places we have been to but still different, it was a lot bigger than I first thought it was too. The park had a rose garden, a few ponds, and little bit of forested walking trails.
Yellow tiger swallowtail on a lilac branch.
This is just a fun picture; I noticed that the petals were more of a triangle shape than you're everyday  upside-down "u" shaped petals. I don't know if  it was the sun that made them crinkle like this or something else.


I really like how this one turned out, I didn't even mean to have it focus on just that little petal but I love it!!
Another rose with more roses and a fountain in the background.

This pond was so beautiful! The reflections were just amazing! I took almost 30 pictures of this one pond!!

There was a lot of water lilies on the ponds too.

A couple more pictures of the super awesome reflections pond!

I had the idea to made the reflection of on the pond in color and the real thing black and white. I think it turned out pretty cool!

This tree was really cool because it seemed like the higher up the branches the lighter the leaves; kinda like an ombre' coloring. I exaggerated it a little bit in editing though ;)
One more picture of that amazing pond.
I didn't see many birds till towards the end of the trip and I spent like 20 minutes taking pictures of the ADORABLE goslings. There was about 20 of them with  three pairs of adults. I really like this one especially because of the reflection and the little ripple where it was drinking  :) 



A nuthatch upside-down on a pine tree. :)

Eastern phoebe.



1 comment: