Went to Waterfall Park (little park behind Bass Pro in Independence) last week and saw:a few scissor-tail flycatchers! They are such beautiful birds , those long tails are so cool!

 |
| Also saw a small warbler flock with lots of different species, I identified two (the ones I got photos of but there were more) This one is a female yellow-rumped warbler. And the next three down are also yellow-rumped warblers |


This one is a orange-crowned warbler.
 |
| Pied-billed grebe |
 |
| Another better picture of the scissor-tailed flycatcher. It's rare to see these because they are just barely in this area. I have seen one once before at Longview Lake which I have also blogged about. |
A mourning dove. Before I zoomed up to it I thought it was another flycatcher, I just really like the tree branches with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment