Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall at Longview Lake

Oct. 23rd
Fall is my favorite time of year so naturally I'm taking lots of pictures :) Here are some that I took at Longview Lake earlier this week.

Great blue heron (guessing? , cause it's so big) footprint
Ring-billed gull, there were a lot of them fishing , I even saw a few dive in to the water but didn't get a picture of it.
My mom and sister ,The Treasure Hunters- they looked for shells :)
And I found a HUGE! and really pretty purple one





American coots, there were TONS! of them around the lake.







I loved how this one turned out! As I was taking the picture I thought this would be so pretty and then I noticed a stupid rock in the picture so I cropped it and messed around with the colors and stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mary,

    Such beautiful pictures! Fall is a wonderful time for photography, I agree.

    It looks like you had a great time at the lake; makes me feel like I was right there with you!!

    The gull photo is gorgeous! Birds aren't real easy to get in flight.

    Coots! I've NEVER SEEN ONE. How lucky you are! And the shell, too. Brilliant!

    Such fall scenery, how nostalgic... love the ones with the leaves in the water.

    And the crowning glory! Such splendor, for at first glance I took it for the sea!

    You're becoming the professional, Mary!! Yay for you, do keep it up.

    Love,

    Audrey

    p.s. My apologies for the excessively long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the one of Liz and Mom on the beach... its just a really great view of them. :) and i LOVE LOVE the one with the leaves in the water. macho beautiful clarity and color and crispness! BRAVO

    ReplyDelete