Trying to catch up on all these drafts!
This tree seems to be a favorite of the birds that come in to yard. Even now when its almost dead , I'm go miss it when it hast to be cut down. But it still surprises me all the time, with the birds that come to it and today was especially neat! I saw a brown creeper, two nuthatches, downy woodpecker, red-bellied woodpecker, chickadees,yellow-rumped warbler, and a Carolina wren! in the tree or around it , and yes at the same time! Here's some photos of the yellow-rumped warbler, brown creeper and nuthatches. I focused on taking pictures of the birds I don't regularly see which were these.
Not the best picture, last year I saw a creeper and got better pictures , but I was excited to see it again!
Trying to find bugs hidden in the bark was my guess , it looks really funny though :)


A Bird Tree, how remarkable! I think you should write and illustrate a little book about it... perhaps? I like the pictures, they seem so real!
ReplyDelete~Audrey
the first bird picture is spectacular! WOW! the colors and clarity just pop! so impressed!
ReplyDeleteThanks Audrey. Cassy- I know I really love it too but I edited it to bring out the colors because it was cloudy that day.
ReplyDelete