Friday, October 11, 2013

September, Hummingbirds at the Feeder.

 These are some of the pictures I took of the hummingbirds that came to my feeders the past couple months. Late August thru September is when I see hummingbirds in the yard the most. They are definitely one of my favorite birds! Beautiful tiny and fast with a lot of personality and spunk : ) Most of these are of a juvenile male I think. Every year I get one that likes to hog the feeders all to himself and only sometimes will the others sneak by him.

These first two are an adult male ruby-throated hummer... and a bee.






You can see the ruby throat feathers coming in on this juvenile male.







Even in the rain the little guy was guarding the feeders.

This is one of my top favorites, the colors are so rich!


Of course I had tons of bees,ants and other unwanted and annoying bugs coming to the feeders,but I was very surprised to see this hummingbird moth come to the feeders a few times.





No comments:

Post a Comment