Friday, September 6, 2013

Longview Lake: From Shells to Sneakers

I don't know why this has taken me so long to put up! Anyway, Monday my parents and I went to Longview Lake, enjoyed  the short-lived cooler weather. My mom and I collected a TON of shells, we saw a few great blue herons and a turtle  and I got my sneakers all wet and dirty, but it was a great day! :) PS. this post has like a million photos in it, so be prepared!
I was really drawn to this pair of little shells by the shore of the lake and just kept taking lots of photos of it.


 

We finally got on the other side of the lake! they always have it closed up when we go! And there was so many beautiful, and big shells! Someone I guess stepped on these but I thought it looked really neat anyway.

I loved all these awesome trees in the water!
My sneakers before they got seriously dirty!





I think this heron was a juvenile. It let me get pretty close, and  I got some good shots!



Cute duck foot prints I found in the sand :)











I think this one is my absolute  favorite shot! It really looks like an ocean!










3 comments:

  1. In all honesty, Mary, are you aware of how exceptional and delicious your photography is? It's just, I can't even . . . find how to tell you the awe they bestowed upon me. You are an inspiration. You are legit. You are fantabulous. <3

    Mary, you're supercalifragelistiexpialdocious!

    · Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thanks ever so immeasurably much :) Your so sweet to say all that!

      Delete
  2. The sparkly wave pictures are FABULOUS!!!!! Makes me want to go swimming and sun soak on a warm sandy beach!

    ReplyDelete