Me and my mom went to the zoo yesterday, (April 22nd) and although there were the cool animals that are always there ,I was, of course so excited about all the wild ......yep BIRDS that we saw! :) So here's some of my favorites of the zoo animals on exhibit and the wildlife (mostly birds) that we saw.
All three of the cheetahs were napping, they looked so peaceful with these flowers around them :)
Ducks. (I don't remember what they're called)
Another duck I don't remember the name of.
SNAKES!! These were not on exhibit, there were lots of them by the ponds.
A pretty lioness.
Male gnatcatcher, my first time seeing them. I saw several at the zoo. You can actually see the gnat or bug that it's caught! Maybe that's just one of the contributing reasons I love small birds so much they eat icky bugs!!
Female gnatcatcher. One of my favorites.
Ruby-crowned kinglet ,with the red crown hidden. I hardly ever see the red crown on these little birds.
View of the little hut in Africa.
Really can't see it in this photo, but the gnatcatchers are making a nest! I can't wait to go back to see them again!
Osprey that I saw flying by the lake





Toots! These are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! I am so excited you got your blog back!!! I'm excited to show Matt around the zoo this summer! The cheetah picture is fantastic.. the shading in it makes it look even more peaceful! On the second duck picture - I would say its a blue-billed duck, of course! Yikes! Maybe those snakes were on exhibit... but they broke loose! The female gnatcatcher photo is beautiful! I love the close up detail of it and the neat pose she is striking with her feet on different branches! AWESOME!!! PHENOMENAL EDITING JOB on the African Hut! It looks like it belongs in a National Geographic issue!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cas!!!!!
Delete