Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cooper Hawk

 Friday I saw this cooper hawk, I have seen it many times before but have never got very good pictures until now! It was such a cool thing to see it so close it wasn't even bothered by me being so close to it (but nice enough not to eat in front of me :) )
It had made several attempts at the squirrels so that all of them had a scar and even one lost an eye :(
even though I don't like squirrels because they are always getting into the bird feeders I didn't want that to happen to them I haven't seen that one since.
I am very happy that I saw this cooper hawk and even though my feet were so cold after ( I had grabbed my camera and got outside as fast as I could not even bothering to put shoes on:) I am great for the opportunity to have seen such a beautiful bird.




The Cooper Hawk, with it's kill (a starling)







I also wanted to put this one up I thought it was so cute:)
Some of the chickadees while the cooper hawk was still in the tree went over to it and looked like they were teasing it :) , just flying around and singing only a five feet away from it.

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift with words as well as a gift with your photographic skills. I like reading your thoughts and your compassion for the squirrel and your admiration for nature's creation. I see maybe National Geographic in the future for you...

    ReplyDelete